Held at the Jefferson Community Center, 7:00 pm.
Call to Order - The meeting was called to order by Jim Carpenter at 7:12 p.m.
The web site for the Jefferson Streetscape project has been updated. The URL is http://JeffersonMd.net/Streetscape.
After everyone else refused, Jim agreed to take minutes of this meeting.
General introductions of everyone in attendance
|Jefferson Residents||SHA and Contractors|
|David Phillips, MDoT, SHA|
|Mike Boyer||Mark Crampton, MDoT, SHA|
|April Stitt, MDoT, SHA|
Additions & approval of the agenda - modified and approved
Minutes of last meeting - Minutes were read and approved as corrected
Discussion of Database of Property Owners.
John is using same source as SHA, namely, Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation, online at http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/ John said his work should be checked. Tony volunteered to verify John's work. Jim asked David Phillips about the accuracy of the addresses information on the map and David replied that there is no guaranteed accuracy.
Election of Officers
President: Jim Carpenter
Vice President: Mike Boyer
Secretary/Treasurer: No nominations were made but it was agreed to ask Deborah, who had previously volunteered, if she would accept the nomination.
Communications: Gene Keller and Guy Wenck
Database: John Satterfield
1. SHA to check on benefits to property owner for dedicating property for curb side parking. David P. said there were minimal benefits. There may be a very slight tax reduction.
2. SHA to research possibility of alley access: Not done. Mark Crampton said this would be legally complicated.
3. SHA will describe what can be done for each property which loses parking: David P. lead the discussion for each effected property as everyone viewed the diagrams.
4. David P. will send Jim a list of properties which lose parking: Done. Jim posted the list just before the meeting and agreed to remove it until further discussion.
5. Jim will draft a letter of invitation to the April 6 meeting: Done. Guy will revise the letter and deliver it to the residents with Gene's help.
6. David will send Jim a list of politicians to receive letters: Done. Jim email all county commissioners and received acknowledgement from each.
Plan April 6 meeting with property owners who lose parking
Guy and Gene will deliver the invitations as agreed. The agenda items will include welcome, brief history of the project, concept review, parking discussion, open discussion, conclusion and adjournment at approximately 9:00 PM.
Next meeting - the Jefferson Streetscape Task Force will meet with invited residents and property owners on Thursday, April 6 at 7 pm to discuss their parking options.
Adjourn - meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.