Minutes from the March 23, 2006
Meeting of the Jefferson Streetscape Task Force

Held at the Jefferson Community Center, 7:00 pm.

  1. Call to Order - The meeting was called to order by Jim Carpenter at 7:12 p.m. 

  2. General announcements
    The web site for the Jefferson Streetscape project has been updated. The URL is http://JeffersonMd.net/Streetscape.
    After everyone else refused, Jim agreed to take minutes of this meeting.

  3. General introductions of everyone in attendance

    Jefferson Residents SHA and Contractors

    Jim Carpenter

    David Phillips, MDoT, SHA
    Mike Boyer Mark Crampton, MDoT, SHA

    John Satterfield

    April Stitt, MDoT, SHA

    Guy Wenk

    Gene Keller
    Maurice Hoffmaster
    Ben Ahalt
  4. Additions & approval of the agenda - modified and approved

  5. Minutes of last meeting - Minutes were read and approved as corrected

  6. Discussion of Database of Property Owners.
    John is using same source as SHA, namely, Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation, online at http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/   John said his work should be checked.  Tony volunteered to verify John's work.  Jim asked David Phillips about the accuracy of the addresses information on the map and David replied that there is no guaranteed accuracy.

  7. Election of Officers
    President:  Jim Carpenter
    Vice President:  Mike Boyer
    Secretary/Treasurer:   No nominations were made but it was agreed to ask Deborah, who had previously volunteered, if she would accept the nomination.
    Communications:  Gene Keller and Guy Wenck
    Database:  John Satterfield

  8. Task Assignments
    1. SHA to check on benefits to property owner for dedicating property for curb side parking.  David P. said there were minimal benefits.  There may be a very slight tax reduction.
    2. SHA to research possibility of alley access:  Not done.  Mark Crampton said this would be legally complicated.
    3. SHA will describe what can be done for each property which loses parking:  David P. lead the discussion for each effected property as everyone viewed the diagrams.
    4. David P. will send Jim a list of properties which lose parking:  Done.  Jim posted the list just before the meeting and agreed to remove it until further discussion.
    5. Jim will draft a letter of invitation to the April 6 meeting:  Done.  Guy will revise the letter and deliver it to the residents with Gene's help.
    6.  David will send Jim a list of politicians to receive letters:  Done.  Jim email all county commissioners and received acknowledgement from each.
     

  9. Plan April 6 meeting with property owners who lose parking

Guy and Gene will deliver the invitations as agreed.  The agenda items will include welcome, brief history of the project, concept review, parking discussion, open discussion, conclusion and adjournment at approximately 9:00 PM.

  1. Next meeting - the Jefferson Streetscape Task Force will meet with invited residents and property owners on Thursday, April 6 at 7 pm to discuss their parking options.

  2. Adjourn - meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.